Just my thoughts. I'm sure you have your own.

Monday, February 8, 2010

FAWM Day 8

8:00 AM

Well, the first really busy weekend is over. Had the parents down this weekend and I had a lot to do. Now that it's over, I can grind out (hopefully) 3 or 4 songs before this next weekend (where my wife and I are going up to see my parents--sort of a tradeoff set of weekends).

I brought my guitar to work this morning, so that's what I'll be doing on my lunch break. We have a conference/classroom type deal that's separate from the main building, so I won't be bugging anybody--no one ever really uses it except for after work. I'll be posting my progress throughout the week on here.


11:35 AM

Quick threw some lyrics together--boy can I write depression, huh? Anyways, going to write some music during lunch I hope--record later tonight for song 3. Song comes from my idea list "Please Don't"

12:35 PM

Returning from lunch--finished the chords for my new song. I like how it's going so far. I hope the demo recording goes smoothly tonight. If so, I'll have it up before I go to bed tonight.

Lyrics:

This is crazy, this is far too far and we know it
And we have passed the point of redemption
And you said “Can we keep this under control,
Just so long as it’s you and me?
Is there any way we can make this work?
I feel so alive when I’m with you.”
But we both know it’s not fair
It’s not right
And it never will be.

This is the last touch, the last kiss
And our goodbye before we get back to normal
(This is the only solution I can see)
This is the last breath, the last word
And the last time we’ll see each other again
Don’t make this harder than it has to be

So walk away, take the memory with you
I can’t bear to keep a keepsake of this time.
I’ll forgive if you forgive
And we’ll forgive, so we can move on
And someday we’ll get better
Someday we’ll get better

(CHORUS)

So walk away…
Walk away…

No comments: