Just my thoughts. I'm sure you have your own.

Monday, February 1, 2010

FAWM Day 1

February 1st

8:30 AM
I had a choice. Get up or sleep a little more. I've failed in this choice for a week now. I compromised today.

I woke up at around 5:45 this morning, about 15 minutes before I had to start getting ready for work. I decided not to focus on anything musicwise, being the first 15 minutes I could do anything within FAWM. I'll do lyric writing and brainstorming during work today, I decided.

The drive to work was usual. (Music for the drive today--Dashboard Confessional) Behind absolute morons on a long 70+ minute drive to work. It's not even urban/city driving--it's a long stretch of country highway. Got behind a Lincoln who insisted on doing 5 under the speed limit, and even given that, slowed to 35 MPH (on a 60 MPH highway) when they saw a State Trooper on the side of the road!!! He isn't a stop sign! He's there to catch speeders, something you don't have a problem with. Move It!

Anywho, after finally getting to work, I checked out the first few songs from people on my watchlist. Elaine DiMasi did a great first song. Will post before I leave work today.


4:00 PM
One more hour of work--and I've come to mostly the same status as the Lincoln from this morning at the sight of a State Trooper. I'm on low fumes--1st gear--slug mode--crawly mccrawls-a-lot... you get the picture. Got a ton to do tonight, will try writing some music before bed. Hopefully have something structured for my first song by tomorrow. I'm working on a few project ideas that I'll expand on come tomorrow.


9:00 PM
Finished my first song in the writing process. Lyrics and rhythm guitar done. Going to record a temp demo in the morning--take it to work and listen to it to refine it a little--then come home and record a better, postable demo and have it up tomorrow night.

No comments: