Just my thoughts. I'm sure you have your own.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

FAWM Day 11

8:15 AM

Got to work really early today--but then I goofed off and talked half the morning away already. :)

Ok, so here's what I came up with yesterday as a new plan for the rest of FAWM:

Up through yesterday, my goal was to write a song every two days. That isn't going to work for me, and here's why: I write a song, I say, 'Ok, done for now, back to life' and just drop it. Which means that, two days later, when I go to write another song, I have to reinvigorate my creativity, restarting basically at 0. Instead, I'm going to write 4 or 5 songs at once. That way, my creativity is still flowing, motivation is still pumping, and I can record background instruments without hooking/unhooking instruments 4 or 5 times within a week's time. At current, I have 3 musical rhythms--I plan on writing 2 more before this weekend, and when I return from my parents, practice and record them. If all goes according to plan, I should be up to 8 songs by Wednesday (day 17) and be almost caught up. From there, it'll be 'repeat the process' to put me to 14, and I'll have 11 days to write the last 6 songs. I think I can do that.

No comments: