Just my thoughts. I'm sure you have your own.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FAWM Day 2

8:05 AM

Got in to work. Uneventful drive here.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and recorded a rough draft of my first song--plan to listen to it at work to figure out what's needed to finish it off by tonight. It's just a guitar line, but it seems naked in parts--I'll supplement it with either piano or keyboards at some point.

Starting to go through my 'watchlist' songs to hear the people I started to watch. So far, nothing too bad. I've only had to 'unwatch' one person (hope I didn't offend them by doing that).


1:30 PM

Listening to 'Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me' from this past weekend on NPR's website. Took a break and heard my rough demo I recorded this morning--I really need to redo it, going to add some piano, maybe a second guitar tonight. Will post before I go to sleep.


4:30 PM

Cooling down to the end of the day--I'll be really hard pressed to finish my song tonight, because there's a lot I want to tweak, but I need to remember this is about finishing the song, not refining it. I'll hopefully start on my second song tonight or tomorrow on my lunch break. I just gotta stay steady paced or I'll never get it all done in time.

No comments: