Just my thoughts. I'm sure you have your own.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to jumpstart the economy

I've been coming up with a few interesting ideas of how to help recover the economy here in the states. I know these will never be taken seriously, but it would help tremendously...

- All US licensed drivers (and we're talking about ALL -- Class E included) should retake an exam and driving test every 3 years. If someone fails their test, they have to retake the test a week later at their own expense ($50 - $60).
A) This would get stupid drivers off the road and save lives and time in commuting, thus saving gas from the morons that burn gas by putting the pedal to the metal 24/7
B) This would increase revenue, because I feel 1 out of every 2 drivers are going to have to pay this fee every 3 years.
C) This would create a lot of new jobs, for instructors and whatnot.
D) This would also make people more aware and competant of new driving laws when they are passed.

- I think churches that put incredibly cheesy or stupid (and in many cases, copywrite infringing) messages on their marquee signs should have their tax exemption certificates pulled. I just hate those stupid signs, because it makes them looks like chumps and makes religious individuals who actually know what they're talking about, such as myself, seem stupid and hickified. (And yes, any church can apply for a complete tax exemption certificate--probably about 40% of churches abuse that privilege by including non-church expenses under it)

No comments: