Just my thoughts. I'm sure you have your own.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Hijacking for the purposes of FAWM

This blog has now been hijacked...

Well... It's been reassigned for the next 40 days or so.

I'm taking part in an online community project called FAWM, a musical equivalent to NaNoWriMo (for those of you familiar with that). I've been keeping a daily blog entry on my profile on that site, but due to word space restrictions, I can only really keep 2 or 3 days worth of information on there. So, I decided to use this blog as my update blog for FAWM until the end of February. Just in case you were wondering what the heck any of what I say has to do with anything.


(Previous updates)

Update: January 21:

Finishing catching up on blogradio broadcasts that I missed. I'm really enjoying listening to the songs I missed last year in FAWM 09'.

I've changed my idea about doing a concept album for FAWM '10 this year. At least what I was planning on doing this week (something video game based). So, back to the drawing board.

I'm also wayyy behind in prep work for FAWM. I have about three things I need to do as far as hardware and equipment is concerned--and I haven't done any of them yet. This FAWM is supposed to get me motivated, but right now the lazy side of the force is still strong.

(1-Restring acoustic guitar; 2-Set up laptop as portable studio so I can mix on lunch break at work; 3-Prep with a few songs before Feb.)

---

Update: January 19:

At work, listening to Homestarrunner.com toons in the background. Starting to refine my objectives for February. Handling a number of challenges, a concept album, and maybe a SongFight submission or two. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed--but looking oh so forward to it!

No comments: